RootWave is the proud winner of this year’s Start-up category for the IET Innovation Awards 2017 which celebrates the very best innovations from both industry and academia across so many important areas of science, engineering and technology.
This author has not written his bio yet.
But we are proud to say that RootWave contributed 27 entries already.
Entries by RootWave
RootWave is proud to be a finalist in this year’s Agri-Innovation Den. Launched in 2014 by Briefing Media, in conjunction with The Co-op Food, Agri-Innovation Den aims to give entrepreneurs with an interest in farming an opportunity to develop their ideas and innovations. Finalists stand to gain a share of the £20 million investment fund […]
RootWave is delighted to announce that it has received investment from The Yield Lab. The Yield Lab is a global network of four early stage AgTech accelerators and investment funds. It is headquartered in St Louis Missouri, with sister accelerators in Ireland (Europe), Buenos Aires (LATAM), and Singapore (Asia Pacific). It invests €100K into three […]
Prince Charles met the RootWave team to understand more about RootWave during the Soil Association’s 70the anniversary celebrations.
RootWave has received funding from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. The project will evaluate the potential of RootWave’s non-chemical technology to control weeds using electricity. The key advantages of the technology are that it is chemical free, systemically kills the roots and does not disturb the soil. This project will provide a practical […]
RootWave is pleased to announce that RootWave Pro won the LAMMA 2017 Farm Machinery and Equipment Innovation Award with the judges ‘impressed by the product’s potential to reduce the use of pesticides’ which would ‘help the environment and was suitable for areas where some chemicals are banned’. Andrew Diprose, Executive Director, comments: “Winning this prestigious award […]
The European Commission has awarded RootWave the second phase of their prestigious Horizon 2020 SME Instrument programme to develop electrical weeding technology. Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available between 2014 and 2020, €3 billion of which is dedicated to the SME Instrument programme. […]
- Glyphosate delays divert time and resources away from where they are needed – innovation
- Strong grower interest as weeds zapped at demo events
- RootWave showcases new machine at demo events
- RootWave announce dates of eWeeding demonstration days
- RootWave’s Chisom Akujobi wins Top 50 Women in Engineering award!
- Record breaking revenue quarter for RootWave
- UK Electrical weed control firm RootWave to open crowdfunding
- Independent study explains why RootWave technology is the safest electrical weed control
- Better weed control arrives for orchards, vineyards and fruit
- EU to further increase pesticide reduction targets, but it could be the weeds that are in for a shock