Who are we
We are an ambitious start-up that has secured venture funding which is allowing us to rapidly grow the business. Our main brand is RootWave.
What are we about
Our technology uses electricity to kill weeds and is at the forefront of solving two of the most pressing global issues. The first is to remove chemical herbicides from our food and the environment to improve the health of the global ecosystem. The second is to create healthy soils that capture and store carbon to reduce the impact of global warming. Our technology is a sustainable and regenerative alternative to chemical herbicides.
What are we looking for
We are looking for people that love what they do, as it is that passion and dedication that will help us achieve our goals and improve the world we live in. You should be open minded, flexible and adaptable in your approach, with a solution focused attitude.
As an innovative business we have moved away from detailed job descriptions. We will give you an overview of the role as it stands today and expect you to grow in your role as our company evolves.
We expect you to
- Provide excellent customer service and represent the business positively;
- Provide technical support to distributors and end users;
- Complete back to base and on site repairs and annual services both UK and international;
- Define repair and service procedures;
- Define spares, forecast demand, manage inventory and shipping;
- Represent design for service in new developments;
- Use field data to prioritise improvements and collaborate with development team to implement;
- Provide good value for both the customer and the business both within and outside of warranty.
Who you are
- Have as a minimum an NVQ in electrical engineering or similar;
- Several years of engineering experience, at least 2 years in a technical customer facing role and ideally multidisciplinary environments in areas such as agriculture, forestry, construction machinery or similar;
- Be great at building rapport and trust with customers;
- Be organised, proactive;
- Be good at KPI monitoring, data analysis and excel skills;
- Be able to put together quotes;
- Be familiar with risk assessments;
- Be able to interrogate circuit and wiring diagrams.
What do we offer
We offer a competitive total reward package as well as working for a company that values its people and achieved a ‘One to Watch’ Accreditation from Best Companies. We encourage a hybrid approach to working as we trust our people to deliver their outputs in a way that benefits both the business and the individual.
If what you have read excites you as much as it does us, please send your CV and tell us the value you can add on our journey. We look forward to hearing from you.