Who we are:
We are an ambitious start-up that has secured venture funding which is allowing us to rapidly grow the business.
What we are about:
Our technology uses electricity to kill weeds and will help solve two global issues. The first is to remove chemical herbicides from our food and the environment to improve the health of society and the ecosystem. The second is to create healthy soils that capture and store carbon to reduce the impact of global warming. Our technology is a sustainable and regenerative alternative to chemical herbicides.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for people that love what they do, as it is that passion and dedication that will help us achieve our goals and improve the world we live in. You should be open minded, flexible and adaptable in your approach, with a solution focused attitude.
As an innovative business we have moved away from detailed job descriptions. We will give you an overview of the role as it stands today and empower you to grow in your role as our company evolves.
We will expect you to do the following:
- Design electrical protection and distribution systems for mobile machinery;
- Design, supervise and monitor build, and commission of electrical control panels;
- Specification of electrical components such as: generating plant (AC & DC), power supplies, contactors, fuses, circuit breakers, busbars, isolators, safety relays, PLC’s, HMI components and other electrical control components;
- Contract management and working with contracting firms to build electrical control panels;
- Design the specification of wiring harnesses and cables;
- Contribute to product risk assessment activities;
- Work with the compliance team to ensure requirements are met.
You will have the following skills:
- Hands on experience in the assembly, maintenance, testing and inspection of 3 phase AC alternators – LV systems;
- Hands on experience in the assembly, maintenance, testing and inspection of large battery systems;
- Experience in design, assembly, maintenance, testing and inspection of AC and DC protection systems for the supply of electrical power to high frequency electronic systems;
- 12 V DC systems, 50 V DC high current battery systems, 230V single phase and 400V 3 phase systems and high voltage systems at 5-10 kV at frequencies up to 20KHz;
- Experience in design, assembly, maintenance, testing and inspection of earthing system on mobile operating platforms or vehicles;
- An understanding of safety system design and a detailed knowledge of IEC61508 as it pertains to system risk assessment process and safety system design;
- Risk management including design FMEA;
- Safety circuits including safety relays, emergency stops, interlocks;
- Design and verification to meet requirements of safety standards;
- Insulation coordination;
- Systems engineering;
- Documentation systems appropriate for prototype design;
- Contract Management;
- Design for assembly;
- Design for cost;
- Beneficial: CAD, Rectifier and Inverter systems.
Who you are:
- You will have ideally at least 4 years’ practical experience. You should have a degree/HND/HNC in a related engineering discipline with relevant experience and training in electrical systems development and design
What we offer:
We offer a competitive total reward package as well as working for a company that values its people and achieved a ‘One to Watch’ Accreditation from Best Companies. We encourage a hybrid approach to working as we trust our people to deliver their outputs in a way that benefits both the business and the individual.
If what you have read excites you as much as it does us, please send your CV and tell us the value you can add on our journey. We look forward to hearing from you.
Visit our LinkedIn Life Page to get a feel about what it is like to work with us.