RootWave (Ubiqutek) uses electricity to kill weeds and is solving two of the most pressing global issues. The first is to remove chemical herbicides from our food and the environment to improve the health of the global ecosystem. The second is to create healthy soils that capture and store carbon to reduce the impact of global warming. Our technology is a sustainable and regenerative alternative to chemical herbicides.
RootWave has recently received venture investment and is looking to rapidly grow its team. We are looking for a highly experienced and competent Digital Content Creator and Communications Manager to join on a permanent basis. This is a unique opportunity for someone to create engaging digital content to promote the business and ensure our communication is consistent, thoughtful and engaging.
We take pride in building an innovative company that will improve the environment. We offer a working environment that is diverse, inclusive, energetic and challenging. We welcome professionals from all backgrounds with the drive, motivation and tenacity to get the job done. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build customer loyalty programs, brand awareness, and customer satisfaction.
- Plan and manage the design, content, and production of all marketing materials.
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits, newsletters, web copy, blog posts, thought leadership pieces, marketing emails, brochures, videos and presentations.
- Direct, capture, and edit audio-visual footage to create engaging product, recruitment, corporate and fundraising videos.
- Manage copywriting and creation of all content and overhaul all marketing material including branding, website, videos, and brochures.
- Prepare detailed media activity reports.
- Work across the organisation to generate new ideas and strategies.
- Supervise projects to guarantee all content is publication-ready.
- Create communication and marketing strategies for new products, launches, events, and promotions.
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
- Attend and/or participate at conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, preparing engaging displays and collateral as needed, and providing post-event reports and analysis.
- Work with product team to agree on branding and messaging.
- Provide promotional tools and materials to enable the sales team to function effectively.
- Identify and apply for relevant awards.
- Publish press releases and manage media to maximise promotion.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or relevant field.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Video capture and editing experience with the ability to capture images from drones an advantage.
- Proven experience creating targeted content is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT skills and experience in using WordPress
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Experience with audio-visual, digital and print marketing.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Permanent full-time role.
- Competitive salary.
- Private medical cover.
- Mobile phone and laptop provided.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.