Product Compliance Engineer
Who are we:
We are an ambitious start-up that has secured venture funding which is allowing us to rapidly grow the business.
What are we about:
Our technology uses electricity to kill weeds and will help solve two global issues. The first is to remove chemical herbicides from our food and the environment to improve the health of society and the ecosystem. The second is to create healthy soils that capture and store carbon to reduce the impact of global warming. Our technology is a sustainable and regenerative alternative to chemical herbicides.
What are we looking for:
We are looking for people that love what they do, as it is that passion and dedication that will help us achieve our goals and improve the world we live in. You should be open minded, flexible and adaptable in your approach, with a solution focused attitude.
As an innovative business we have moved away from detailed job descriptions. We will give you an overview of the role as it stands today and empower you to grow in your role as our company evolves.
We will expect you to:
- Identify applicable legislation, product specific requirements and routes to conformity;
- Identify applicable standards and ensure compliance requirements are built into design input documents and design guides;
- Lead hazard identification exercises with the design team;
- Prepare and maintain risk assessments;
- Work with design engineers to provide compliance advice, understand technical requirements of applicable standards, identify compliance risks, coordinate pre-compliance testing and identify fixes early in the development programme;
- Carry out internal assessments of compliance to standards and legislation;
- Coordinate external compliance testing (environmental, EMC, electrical safety, ingress protection, vehicle type approval etc). Identifying suitable external test houses and technical services. Provide detailed reports of results and insights;
- Ensure technical documentation is built up throughout the project and evidence of compliance is in place;
- Prepare Declarations of Conformity.
Who you are:
You will be working in a similar role, ideally in the Agriculture/Forestry/Plant Machinery sector. You should have a degree in either Engineering, Science or Technology and have had some practical engineering experience. You will be adaptable, willing to learn and ready to support your team mates. You will be organised and have good attention to detail, but also some pragmatism. You will want to make a difference and will be able to communicate ideas effectively whilst being willing to listen to other people’s ideas. You will be familiar with some or all of the following:
- European product legislation and the CE marking process;
- UK product legislation and the UKCA marking process;
- North American product legislation;
- The type approval of agricultural and forestry vehicles (homologation);
- Product safety risk assessments;
- Machinery and electrical safety standards;
- Electromagnetic compatibility;
- Compliance assessments (including testing) to applicable standards/legislation. Reporting of assessments undertaken and outcomes;
- Working with third party test houses, technical services and approval authorities.
You will be happy to travel where needed which may involve European travel occasions.
What do we offer:
We offer a competitive total reward package as well as working for a company that values its people and achieved a ‘One to Watch’ Accreditation from Best Companies. We encourage a hybrid approach to working as we trust our people to deliver their outputs in a way that benefits both the business and the individual.
If what you have read excites you as much as it does us, please send your CV and tell us the value you can add on our journey. We look forward to hearing from you.
Visit our LinkedIn Life Page to get a feel about what it is like to work with us.