RootWave (Ubiqutek) is reducing the use of chemical herbicides in our environment by using electricity
to kill weeds. Our technology is the only scalable and sustainable alternative to herbicides which are
increasingly under pressure from natural resistance and government regulation.
RootWave has recently received venture investment and is looking to rapidly grow its team. We are
looking for a Trials Manager to lead the production of data that will both inform technology
development and allow us to message the benefits of electrical weed control versus chemical herbicide
and other alternative methods to industry, media, and investors.
We take pride in building an innovative company that will improve the environment. We offer a
working environment that is diverse, inclusive, energetic and challenging. We welcome professionals
from all backgrounds with the drive, motivation and tenacity to get the job done. If this sounds like
you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Design tests to validate and explore hypotheses in all aspects of electrical weed control
including efficacy, fuel usage, soil impact and biological impact;
- Compare electrical weed control data with herbicide and other alternative methods;
- Define appropriate test scenarios, prepare fields, cultivate crops and weeds;
- Treat weeds with prototype electrical weed control systems;
- Present data and insights in a helpful and informative way to all levels and disciplines;
- Support customers with their own trials to effectively evaluate our technology;
- Maintain agricultural equipment;
- Manage crop and weed stores;
- Work with external labs on sample analysis;
- Ensure all performance claims are substantiable;
- Work with product developers on timing of equipment, weather, crop/weed maturity.
Skills and qualifications
- Scientific method;
- Design of experiments;
- Statistical methods;
- Technical report writing and presenting;
- Crops, cultivation, growing methods;
- Eco systems;
- Existing weed control methods;
- Trial management;
- Engineering aptitude;
- Data management;
- Beneficial: electrical safety, understanding of global variations in agricultural and environmental
factors that affect arable farming.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in agronomy, plant science, plant pathology or related subject;
- At least 5 years experience in scientific agricultural field;
- Drive tractor, operate agricultural machinery;
- Experience of working on arable farms;
- Working knowledge of weed control and chemical herbicides;
- Full driving license – some travel to UK suppliers maybe be required;
- Beneficial: presenting scientific work at conferences.
- Personable, dynamic, proactive, flexible individual suited to working in a start-up environment;
- Able to work flexibly around weather and seasonal constraints;
- Able to travel internationally to work on sites in other countries;
- Core competencies: organisation, attention to detail, working under pressure, integrity, taking
- Salary: competitive;
- Full time role (5 days, 40 hours per week);
- Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer;
- Line reports: NA;
- Location: Kineton Warwickshire;
- Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays.