RootWave (Ubiqutek) is reducing the use of chemical herbicides in our environment by using electricity
to kill weeds. Our technology is the only scalable and sustainable alternative to herbicides which are
increasingly under pressure from natural resistance and government regulation.
RootWave has recently received venture investment and is looking to grow its research and development team to scientifically understanding and documenting the biological and microbial impact of our technology, the output of which will be critical in developing new and novel methods of electrical weed control, and alternative electrical architectures and system implementations.
We take pride in building an innovative company that will improve the environment. We offer a
working environment that is diverse, inclusive, energetic and challenging. We welcome professionals
from all backgrounds with the drive, motivation and tenacity to get the job done. If this sounds like
you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Build the plant science lab capability including creation of business case submissions for specific high value equipment when and where required;
- Understand the biological impact of electrical weed treatments on normal plant function/physiology;
- Develop and present hypothesis and methods to the senior leadership team;
- Design, facilitate and document research work required to scientifically substantiate electrical weed treatment efficacy;
- Build the capability to rapidly cultivate test species within internal and external growing areas;
- Develop test protocols and mange treatment regimens for internal research and development trials;
- Manage and present research data for internal and external use (depending on commercial sensitivities);
- Develop and maintain industry standard (plant science) best practice within the laboratory environment.
Skills and qualifications
- Detailed understanding of plant physiology and plant growth mechanisms;
- Detailed understanding of current agrochemical plant growth inhibition technologies/mechanisms;
- Detailed understanding of soil microbial activity and plant/soil interaction;
- Application of scientific approaches including published journal/paper analysis and writing for publication;
- Collect and analyse data, write reports and make recommendations based on the results of experiments and/or observations;
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to create and develop new technologies/treatment methods and research tools;
- Demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to analysis and scientific work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in plant science or a biology related subject (including botany, plant biology, plant science, environmental science and ecology, soil science);
- Ideally five or more years working in the private sector;
- Experience presenting at conferences;
- UK driving licence.
- Dynamic and engaging individual with the enthusiasm to understand the science;
- Able to manage time-effectively and work with minimal supervision;
- Ideally previous experience of writing / contributing to scientific publication or conference proceedings;
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Salary: competitive and linked to experience;
- Options: upon joining.
- Full time role (5 days, 40 hours per week);
- Reporting to: Chief Research Officer;
- Location: Kineton, Warwickshire;
- Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays;
- Mobile Phone: Included.