RootWave (Ubiqutek) uses electricity to kill weeds and is solving two of the most pressing global issues. The first is to remove chemical herbicides from our food and the environment to improve the health of the global ecosystem. The second is to create healthy soils that capture and store carbon to reduce the impact of global warming. Our technology is a sustainable and regenerative alternative to chemical herbicides.
RootWave has recently received venture investment and is looking to rapidly grow its team. We are looking for an Information Designer to lead the creation of our customer facing materials – to help our end users, distributors and service teams get the most from our products. The role will include creating user guides, training material, instructional videos and helpful labels. We have an exciting range of products in development, this role will be critical in achieving the success and safety that operators have using our products.
We take pride in building an innovative company that will improve the environment. We offer a working environment that is diverse, inclusive, energetic and challenging. We welcome professionals from all backgrounds with the drive, motivation and tenacity to get the job done. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Preparing the following documents and materials:
- User guides;
- Technical manuals and service guides;
- Training content, training qualifications, e-learning;
- Training and instruction videos;
- Warning labels;
- Ratings labels, packaging labels etc;
- Coordinating translation of materials with external suppliers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Technical writing;
- Graphic design – diagrams, symbols, illustrations, use of illustrator software;
- Photography and photo editing, use of photo editing software;
- Storyboards, scripts, filming, editing, use of video editing software;
- Risk assessment and ensuring risk mitigation through labelling is accurately implemented;
- Document control;
- Validation testing of instructional materials;
- Train the trainer;
- Compliance requirements for labelling;
- Ability to capture, tease out, challenge information from engineers;
- Ability to grasp and structure large amounts of information and distil complex issues into simple relevant information and guidance;
- Empathy for understanding, ability to anticipate the reader’s knowledge gaps – for non technical users and service technicians alike;
- Ability to support multiple projects concurrently and deliver to deadlines;
- Beneficial: on camera, voiceover.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in sciences, engineering, technology, languages or information design;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant role;
- Working with products with electrical systems;
- Experience in at least one area either agriculture, rail, automotive, aerospace, robotics, military, industrial;
- Beneficial: High voltage / power electrical systems, using e-learning platforms.
- Excellent communicator;
- Eye for detail;
- Critical thinker;
- Hands on and willing to get out in the field with the products and talk to customers;
- Passion for improving the environment;
- Key competencies: organisation, problem solving, delivering at pace, attention to detail, creativity.
- Permanent full-time role;
- Competitive salary;
- Private medical cover;
- Mobile phone and laptop provided;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.