RootWave (Ubiqutek) is reducing the use of chemical herbicides in our environment by using electricity to kill weeds. Our technology is the only scalable and sustainable alternative to herbicides which are increasingly under pressure from natural resistance and government regulation.
RootWave has recently received venture investment and is looking to rapidly grow its team. We are looking for a highly experienced and competent Chief Marketing Office to join on a permanent basis. This is a unique opportunity for someone to build the Marketing function and join RootWave’s growing business to manage the business insight, promotion and brand of the company.
We take pride in building an innovative company that will improve the environment. We offer a working environment that is diverse, inclusive, energetic and challenging. We welcome professionals from all backgrounds with the drive, motivation and tenacity to get the job done. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Collaborate with the business team to uncover insights and strategies to develop and implement marketing and branding strategies for the business, products and services;
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, legislative updates, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends to translate results into actionable insights for the business team;
- Coordinate market intelligence to understand the interests and needs of customers in existing as well as new market segments;
- Lead the development of marketing plans working closely with clients, management, creative and content teams, and distribution partners, to create an effective and efficient marketing strategy focused on new geographies, products and services;
- Spearhead the execution of marketing campaigns, including design of control segmentation, implementation of tests, tracking, results reporting, analysis, and recommendations;
- Attend and/or participate at conventions, conferences, and tradeshows, preparing engaging displays and collateral as needed, and providing post-event reports and analysis;
- Work with product team to agree on product development roadmap, branding and messaging;
- Provide tools and materials to enable the sales team to function effectively;
- Manage copywriting of all content and overhaul all marketing material including branding, website, videos, and brochures;
- Manage and refine the organisation’s social media presence;
- Publish press releases and manage media to maximise promotion;
- Identify and apply for relevant awards;
- Identify and manage short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget, profit/loss projections, expenditure spending, and other financial considerations.
Skills and qualifications
- 15-20 years experience in marketing;
- Successful track record in supporting and expanding business development and creating effective marketing campaigns;
- Excellent leadership, communication, decision-making, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with digital and print marketing, and content marketing;
- Up-to-speed with current and online marketing techniques and best practices;
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets;
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot business opportunities;
- Analytical and creative thinking.
- permanent full-time role;
- competitive salary;
- share options on joining;
- mobile phone and laptop provided;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.